How to use the Thumb Rotator
- Download the Kaltura Video Thumbnail Rotator script.
- Add the <img> tag where you want the thumbnail to be as follows:
<img src="http://cdn.kaltura.com/p/309/sp/0/thumbnail/entry_id/1_gdmcbimk/width/120/height/90" width="120" height="90" onmouseover="KalturaThumbRotator.start(this)" onmouseout="KalturaThumbRotator.end(this)">
- Change the width and height parameters in the thumbnail URL as well as the img tag attributes to suit the dimensions you want the thumbnail to be.
KalturaThumbRotator provide two actions
KalturaThumbRotator.start(this)- Cancels the current running preview and starts a new one.
KalturaThumbRotator.end(this)- Cancels the current running preview and restores the original thumbnail.
You can adjust the following settings in the Kaltura Thumb Rotator js file:
- slices - The number of thumbnails to pull for the video (default is 16).
- frameRate - The frame rate in milliseconds for changing thumbnails (time to wait between thumbnail replacemnet, default is 1000ms).